Avocado Egg Salad
Creamy avocados are tossed with hard-boiled eggs, green onions, and fresh dill in the quick and easy low-carb dish. This salad makes a delicious breakfast served as avocado toast, or a healthy lunch enjoyed on some whole grain bread with a slice of smoked Gouda and fresh tomato. Top a bed of leafy greens with this delightful salad for a Keto friendly meal.
- 1 large avocado cubed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 hard-boiled eggs diced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut avocado in cubes and toss with lemon juice
- Cut eggs in half and place yolks in a small bowl. Dice egg whites and add to avocado. Slice onion and add to mixture.
- Crumble egg yolks with a fork then add yogurt, white wine vinegar, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until creamy then add to avocado and eggs, toss gently to mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
A slighter firm avocado works very well for this which never is a problem to find. The cubes will keep their shape better than if the fruit is too soft.
This avocado egg salad is also excellent served on toast for breakfast or lunch, or serve the salad on top of a bed of greens for a Keto friendly dish.