Greek Couscous Salad
Pieces of tomato, cucumber, onion, olives, and feta cheese tossed together with olive oil, lemon, and oregano bring the flavors of the Mediterranean to your table in this delightful Greek Couscous Salad. Light and fresh, this salad makes a wonderful lunch or the perfect side dish to any meal.
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup black or kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup spinach, chiffonade
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small sauce pan with a tight fitting lid, bring stock to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand covered for five minutes. Remove lid and fluff couscous with fork. Allow to cool.
- When couscous becomes room temperature, transfer into a large mixing bowl. Add cucumber, onion, tomato, black olive, and spinach. Toss to combine. Add Feta Cheese and mix again.
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. Add garlic paste, herbs, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour over couscous mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Cover and place in the fridge until completely chilled. Fluff before serving.
To make garlic paste, peel and fine dice garlic. Add a pinch of salt and smash the garlic against cutting board with the side of the knife.